Friday 18 September 2020

A Plethora of Circles

I have recently finished another small quilt featuring circles. This one is 30" x 38".


My circles are various sizes on different sized squares of calico which sit in the corners of my blocks. These have strips of fabric sewn onto two sizes of the appliqued square. I have rotated the blocks so that the circles run along the diagonals of the quilt.

Each red/orange circle has another smaller, cream coloured circle hand appliqued on it.

I have hand quilted around the circles in red, green and blue thread. The rest of the quilt is machine quilted with my even feed foot, in diagonal lines.

The backing fabric is green as is the narrow binding. You can see the quilting design better on the back of the quilt.

I've gone a bit circle mad just lately and have added small pale circles to another of my quilts to make it a bit more interesting - this is a before and after pic of my Strings and Circles Quilt

and sewn yet more small circles to my "Red Letter Life" quilt. Why? Well I was thinking about the happy bubbly feeling I get inside when I start a new quilting project and the fabric I used for the circles looks a bit like bubbles bursting!!!!!

Finally this is my evening sewing at the moment.

Luckily I have a settee all to myself and half of it (sometimes more) is covered in scraps of fabric, circle templates, embroidery threads and lots more sewing paraphernalia. I hate to be without sewing in the evening as I just fall asleep in front of the TV.



Not sure how many of these I will make or what I will do with them eventually!!

Happy stitching - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment