Wednesday 12 August 2020

Still Life Shapes

I really thought that there would be loads of time to sew while we've been staying home more because of coronavirus. Not so - there is always something else to do and with quite a lot of lovely weather I've been enjoying making more effort in the garden this year.

I have managed to finish another small still life picture. This one measures roughly 10" x 13".

This time I tried to use just geometric shapes in the design so there are lots of circles (and part circles), triangles and rectangles.
 


The picture is divided into sections which I have emphasised by changing the fabrics where the sections meet.
So the table has two fabrics,

the sky has the same fabric but turned so that the subtle stripe goes the other way 

and the basket fabric is also turned through a right angle.

I have tried to make the various appliques also meet on these joins. For example the basket, the tip of a flower, the wine in the glasses and.the jug spout.
It's a quirky little thing and inspired by the lino prints of Jane Walker, as was my first still life.

Here's one last pic - 

Happy stitching - Anita x




No comments:

Post a Comment