Monday 19 August 2019

Apples and Pears Lino Printing

When I saw the fabric that we were to use for Sue's Silk Challenge I just knew that I had to try lino printing on such a lovely texture. The final result of this is my apples and pears letter rack.

The apple and pear were cut on two separate lino boards and I have overlapped them in the design to add an extra feature.

After printing and drying I laid the silk fabric on some thin wadding and stitched .... 


and stitched .... 

and stitched.

I lined the letter rack with some dark red cotton fabric and put stiff cardboard between the silk fabric and the lining to make the curved front and the straight back. 

The bottom is a thickish  piece of wood, cut to help keep the shape.

I must admit that at first I was going to call my creation a vase, but it looks great on my shelf holding the correspondence that requires attention.

Wishing you a h-apple and pear-fect day
Anita x

1 comment: