Monday 5 October 2020

Home

Many months ago I couldn't resist buying a half price bargain from a local store. It was an mdf picture frame with the word "Home" in relief and I knew just what I would do with it. Well finally, after kicking around in my sewing room and getting ever shabbier and shabbier, I have turned it into this picture to hang on my kitchen wall.

I painted the frame in acrylics using stencil brushes and a tiny sponge. 

The houses are embroidered applique and quilted, then machine blanket stitch around the edge to finish.



I stuck them to the mdf board with a little double sided tape.

I've been doing quite a lot of small applique and embroidery lately and this is an A4 picture I made for my son.

It is called "Living the Dream" and like his father he has a lot of sheds, which you can see in this earlier post!

Happy Stitching - Anita x


No comments:

Post a Comment