Thursday 4 June 2020

Journal Quilts - 2009

I was reminded recently of the Journal Quilts that I sewed - one each month for a year. On looking them out I was amazed to see that they were made in 2009 - how time flies. I thought it would be nice to travel down memory lane and write this blog post about them.

January shows trees that I saw on a walk on Davidstow Moor, with the shady side of each covered in wet, velvety moss. It snowed in February and then froze so that the snow on the wood stack changed to crispy ice.

In March we walked on Dartmoor and the water in the West Okement River seemed to be black. The Hazel coppice has a yellow carpet of celandines in April.

In May blackbirds built their nest in the wood stack and we visited the Fitzwilliam Museum while in Cambridge in June - this is the ceiling.

It's always lovely walking the southwest coast path and, in July, the buddleias are in bloom. August shows the "hot garden" at Rosemoor Gardens.

On a trip to Derbyshire in September we visited Arkwright's Masson Mills in Cromford. October I did some printing with leaves and did Kantha stitching inspired by Tricia Warman.

Finally a trip to family in Sussex inspired the Seven Sisters in November and December saw us laying waterpipe to our house across a neighbour's field. It was a very cold job!

I so wish now that I'd continued making journal quilts for other years.
Happy Stitching - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment