Monday 18 October 2021

Mystery to Me - sewing blocks together

 I'm feeling a tad excited as, in the last couple of days, I've started to sew some of the blocks together for my "Mystery to Me" quilt .... and it's no longer a mystery to me.

These are the blocks that I made last:

All measurements include seam allowance.

6.5" flower blocks

more 5" square blocks

and more 3.5" square blocks

The quilt is made from 9 similar sections and I laid all these out, one at a time, and photographed them. Then I could look at them in their final positions on the computer screen and see if any blocks needed to be swapped. There were just a few.

So this is the middle section all pieced (27.5" x 30.5")

and this is the middle row right section. (24.5" x 30.5")

It's certainly going to be a busy quilt!! Only 7 more sections to go!

Happy sewing - Anita xx



No comments:

Post a Comment