Wednesday 1 September 2021

Mystery to Me Quilt - circles

My Mystery to Me Quilt is continuing to grow and these are some of the blocks I have made since my last post.

All my measurements below include the seam allowance of 1/4"

Circles on calico with a border - these measure 6.5" square. The circles are hand appliqued so that I could sew them in the evening while watching TV.

Light circles on a 3.5" darker square. These are hand appliqued too, and I usually cut the square slightly larger than the 3.5" as I never get the circle exactly in the middle and I can trim to size after sewing.

More 6.5" square blocks

More 5" square blocks

More 2" x 5" stripey blocks

Also 3.5" square blocks looking rather cute

Finally these 6.5" square blocks have a centre of calico appliqued with 2 small circles and a curved line. Made on a whim!

I actually have a design plan now and some very rough drawings on squared paper. I'm hoping to make the quilt in 9 separate sections which will be quilted before they are sewn together. More about this next time.

These are the links to the other Mystery to Me blog posts:

Mystery to Me Quilt - flower blocks

Mystery to Me Quilt - squares and strips

Happy sewing - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment