I have found the solution.......
no watering (solution) required!
I made these flowers some time ago as brooches, so I just took off the brooch backs and sewed on a bead with a large hole to push my cane into.
The vase is made from strips of my old kitchen curtains. 3 strips approximately 1.5" wide are plaited firmly. I used two the same and the other is slightly different fabric, but all three different would look equally as good if not better - it's just what I had.
The vase is 4.5" high and is made just like a coiled clay pot except that you sew the strips together as you go. I started at the centre of the base. When I got to the rim I trimmed the strips to be a bit narrower to smooth the edge out.
Flushed with success I couldn't stop at a vase, so here we have a bowl for my stuffed apples
and a jug (5" high) to add to my collection in a previous post.
This is a link to making flower brooches
and another flower which is slightly different.
Well, I suppose I'd better show you one of my poor neglected plants ......................say "Aloe" to Vera!
Oh dear!! - Anita X