Monday 24 February 2020

Embroidered Seed Heads, etc

The rain and wind keeps on here in Cornwall so more sewing and I'm really enjoying having a go at machine embroidery.
This is my second attempt:

I have sewn rectangles of different fabrics to my base fabric before starting on the stitching. All the seed heads are slightly different to those on my first picture and after the machine sewing in dark grey I have done some hand embroidery - just straight stitch, back stitch and french knots.

I wasn't sure about the background so this is another I have sewn on plain calico.

This one is all machine embroidery apart from the dear little red flowers.

Finally a reminder of my first attempt which may still be my favourite - I love the daisies!

Happy sewing - Anita x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not really any design to share!! I just looked at a few ideas on Pinterest, decided the placing of the seed heads at the back drawing them straight onto the fabric with a Frixion pen. I sewed those and then drew more seed heads in front, etc etc. Have a go - it was much easier than I expected! - Anita x

      Delete