Saturday 21 February 2015

Penny Armitage at Flowerpatch

I'm Anita. Hello - and welcome to my blog.

I love sewing and in particular all aspects of patchwork and quilting.

I mostly like to do my own thing but, of course, inspired by all the many other patchworkers sharing their ideas online, in books and at workshops. I hope you will like some of the quilts, bags and cushions, etc that I show you in my future blogs and will be encouraged to sew.

I belong to a super patchwork group in Cornwall called Flowerpatch Quilters and will be writing about our meetings each month so let me start with our February meeting.

Our speaker was Penny Armitage and what a wonderful and varied selection of wall hangings she showed us. Her talk was called "From Kuwait to Exmoor  - A Quilter's Journey". Her quilts covered such diverse subjects as Arabian Faces, Torville and Dean, Pearl Diving, Cowslip Workshops, the Wild West of Exmoor and her beloved botanicals, including her favourite - Fuschias. Here are three of her amazing pieces.





Thank you Penny for an entertaining and inspiring evening.

Flowerpatch members were delighted to see that our "St Thomas" quilt appears on the cover of South West Quilters book of the exhibition that was held in Truro Cathedral in Summer 2014.

The exhibition showed quilts by individuals and groups from all over Cornwall and each one represented a different Saint. It will be at Cowslip Workshops over Easter.

The next Flowerpatch meeting will be on 12th March and is a Four Corners evening to include rotary cutting, binding, curved piecing, etc.

Thank you for reading my very first blog! - Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment