Monday 3 May 2021

Slow Stitching - Flowers

I've been doing more slow stitching in the evenings, sitting on the sofa surrounded by tiny scraps of fabric and colourful threads, needles, pins and scissors at the ready. I so enjoyed sewing my Slow Stitching - Shapes that I thought I would do something similar but with a flower theme.

These are all about 6" square and, as with the "Shapes" I didn't plan any of the sewing, but just let the pictures evolve. Each one started with a square of blue stripe fabric backed with some wadding, and I started the sewing with a few pieces of fabric in the background.

This one began with the fence, then the dotty green fabric, the stitched trellis, stems, leaves and finally flowers.

I started this one with the leaf shapes, then stems, flowers, stitched lines at the bottom and finally the bee. (excuse the stray thread which I've just noticed)

The order for this one was green fabric strips, thick stems, flowers and finally the stitched grasses.

And for this one (which was actually the first I sewed) I started with the strips of brown and green fabrics in the background, then the stems, leaves, flowers, grasses and finally the stitching across the bottom.

I plan to make them into a zigzag book so that when it is opened they will be in a horizontal line like this:


To finish, I zigzagged the squares onto a backing fabric and then trimmed around.

Still having fun - hope you are too!

Anita xx

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitches are very neat!! Mine not so much..... Really lovely and thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work. Thanks for the inspirarion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Keep stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Such a beautiful way to enjoy time.

    ReplyDelete