Monday 1 February 2021

Connections A4 Quilts

 Like many I really missed going to Quilt exhibitions last year with every one cancelled from the Spring. My friends and I always go to the one held at Westpoint in Exeter, by Grosvenor Shows, at the very least. Each year they do a journal quilt challenge and we often enter a pair of A4 quilts, but sadly these were only displayed at one or two shows. Here are the two that I entered for the competition:

"Connections" immediately made me think of all the ways that we talk to our friends and family, and exchange ideas, photos etc. I'm sure you recognise all the symbols.


Below this are some smart phones with their screens lit up.



Then there are the connections we make when we press the on switch and the buttons we use to control DVDs etc

And below these are a bank of batteries and their connecting wires


The 2021 Journal Quilt Challenge has been postponed until 2022 and the title is "Home".

Lots of time then to think of something good to sew - Anita xx

No comments:

Post a Comment