Tuesday 17 November 2020

Book of Flowers

 I'm forever trying out new to me things in sewing and I end up with lots of "experiments" which I want to keep, if only for future reference. I decided to turn some of them into a book - a bit like a sketchbook.



One of our challenges at Flowerpatch Quilters this past year has been called "Meadowsweet" so this is my cover.



Inside we have some machine embroidered seed heads



A couple of stitchings over a lino print of the amazing hollyhocks I had growing by my bird table in the summer



A lake scene with yellow flags in the foreground and more seed heads



Finally this is the back which was a fun picture of my back garden that I sewed after getting a new sewing machine - I had so many different stitches to try out!



Every time I make a book I seem to find a different method to put it together. This time I sewed  two of my individual pictures back to back, zig zagging around the edges. This made 4 pages with a design on both sides. Then I sewed two pages next to each other sewing on some tape, front and back, to make a hinge. The same for the other two pages so that I now had two signatures. Finally I stitched through the hinges to join the signatures.



Notice how I have sewn to the side of the centre line so that my book closes easily and the pages meet nicely at the edge. Amazingly it worked a treat and was simple to do.



These are the links to the two other fabric books that I have made:

Love to Stitch book

Seasons Book

Happy Stitching - Anita x


No comments:

Post a Comment