Friday 6 September 2019

Button Flowers, etc.

I love looking at the pictures on Pinterest and get stuck there viewing page after page. What a brilliant resource for ideas, especially when you want to make something specific. The latest thing it has had me making (attempting) is button flowers. There are lots on there and they all look so cute that I just had to have a go.
This is the result - 

They were easy to make and I used green fabric and Steam-a-Steam 2 to do the leaves.
There are much more beautiful arrangements on Pinterest so do go and have a browse if you're interested.

The rest of this post is about things that I have made as presents for friends and relations.

Having not done any crochet for some years I was pleased with how this white rabbit for Sheenah turned out.

I did get confused between the different names for the same stitches in other countries and had crocheted quite a lot in UK single crochet instead of double crochet before I realised he was going to be far too teeny tiny. He's quite a little bunny anyway! This was another Pinterest find.

And yet another I found on Pinterest is this knitted Dude Doll. This was so simple and just made from a stripey rectangle of knitting. All the shape is in the sewing up. I seem to remember that he is about 4" tall.

A golden wedding prompted me to make this fabric card, having previously made cushions for B & V's silver and ruby weddings.

It was the first time that I tried printing on fabric with my hp printer. I ironed the fabric on to freezer paper and it was much easier than I anticipated and not at all messy.



Finally this is a cushion that I made for Marie-Laure. The design was taken from one of her Mandala paintings.

Never a dull moment! - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment