Sunday 11 August 2019

Picasso's Jacqueline Jigsaw

We do like to set ourselves challenges at Flowerpatch Quilters and I loved sewing this one, especially as it turned out far better than we ever expected.

I know I'm biased, but I actually like it far more than the original painting. Dy had been to a Picasso exhibition in France and I believe that this picture was used in the advertising poster. We love the vibrant colours.

Jacqueline was divided into 12 rectangles and a different person chose to sew each section.

They were each given a monochrome drawing of their part along with a small piece of blue and/or red to match for the background. The white linen was provided for Jacqueline's skin. When finished Dy did a great job of sewing them together, and I did some quilting and finishing off.

Here's another look - she's stunning!

Happy stitching - Anita

1 comment:

  1. Loved taking part in this challenge. Roll on the next one

    ReplyDelete