Sunday 13 January 2019

Curated Mini Quilts Curves Challenge

Christmas, a special birthday and New Year rather got in the way of me doing the latest Curated Quilts challenge. In actual fact I didn't even get started until the beginning of 2019 and entries had to be linked by the 2nd of January. Nevertheless I do like a challenge and the colours specified were well outside my comfort zone. Part of the challenge for me is to try and use them all.  Also the challenge was curved piecing - something I'd like to do more of, so I couldn't resist having a go.

12" x 12"

I have been dithering for some time as to whether or not to write this post as I'm not happy with the result of my efforts, but it's interesting to try and figure out the reason. I think that it's simply the colour combination doesn't appeal to me. Maybe that's always the case when we look at quilts and really the one's we like are just made in our favourite colours, the actual design plays second fiddle.

This is a link to the Curated Quilts website where you can view all the mini quilts that were entered. Do go along and try to pick out your favourite. Much harder - try to decide why you like it!

Happy Sewing - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment