Saturday 10 February 2018

Twinchie Art Class

There were quite a few Twinchie blanks left over after Flowerpatch Quilters Christmas Twinchie Party and there they sat on my side table looking at me and demanding to be stitched ...... not that I needed much encouragement - I love sewing Twinchies.

I decided that I'd like to do a set of themed Twinchies to display as a group and here they are - Twinchie Art Class.

I was inspired by hearing about Derwent Inktense pencils (I had some for Christmas) from some fellow quilters from UKQU, so what better subject than the paintings of famous artists.

These were made using the Inktense pencils and stitching

These were made with applique and stitching

This one is simply threads oversewn with a grid of invisible thread stitches

and even the background represents yet another artist

I hope that you can recognise some of the artists or my idea could be a complete failure ...... :) - they look pretty cute anyway and were great fun to do.

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts - Finish it up Friday
Happy sewing - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment