Friday 8 September 2017

Festival of Quilts

Finally I have got around to looking at all the photos I took when at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC in Birmingham. This was almost a month ago and my very first visit to the exhibition. I certainly wasn't disappointed and in two days I only just managed to see all the quilts and stalls, and, of course, took oodles of photos. It's been really difficult to decide which I would like to show you as everything there was absolutely brilliant. Nevertheless here is a small selection.

Firstly four larger quilts:
Linda Forey's Diamonds are Forever - such precise piecing and lovely use of the stripey fabric for the squares in the corners of the blocks.

Rebecca Handyside's A Year of Colour - very effective use of rainbow colours in a simple design.

Sylvia Borrows British Day in Town & Country - you could never tire of looking at this quilt

and HMP Bullingdon Boys Two Man Cell - this was definitely a surprise exhibit!!

Now three wall quilts:
Mary Mayne's Seed Heads - I love all the colour and quirkiness.

ExDC Quilters Amsterdam Houses - what a brilliant Idea for a group quilt and so much intricate detail in each house panel

and Linda Anderson's Morning Mist - I just couldn't stop looking at these raindrops made with shiny fabric circles and precise shading.

Finally two small wall quilts:
Judy Beevor's No Place Like Home - a foundation pieced row quilt

and Hannie de Beer's New York Beauty Garden - it made my heart sing!

A big "Thank you" to Denise of South West Quilters for organising the trip - it couldn't have been better.

Rainy days means lots of sewing :)  - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment