Sunday 20 November 2016

West Country Quilt Show

I had a wonderful day recently in Bristol at the West Country Quilt and Textile Show and would like to show you just a few of the beautiful quilts that I saw there.

Firstly, these by Gillian Travis really excited me - parts of the quilts are shown here.

..... and not just sweaters, Gillian had hats, mittens, jugs, vases, beetroot, pomegranates, etc, etc all equally small and appealing. Do visit Gillian's website to see more of her work.
I also really liked this wall hanging by Gillian, particularly the washing and flowerpots.

These two are by Brenda Thomas who's quilts are a delight - they are always happy.

The Quilter's Guild Contemporary Group had completed a challenge "On the Edge" and these are three very different one's that I liked by Barbara Weeks, Sandra Grusd and Greta Fitchett.

Finally here we have just four bed quilts:-
"Journey" by Annelise Littlefair. The squares are reverse appliqued. I love the way that Annelise has machine quilted each one in an individual style to suit the applique design.

"Polkadot Garden" by Bridget Gillespie. The circular flower design compliments the use of shirt fabric beautifully.

"Nearly Insane Quilt" by Frances Meredith. The title says it all - tiny, tiny pieces in the blocks! An amazing sampler quilt!

And lastly a gorgeous quilt made by Jo Colwill of Cowslip Workshops

I only wish that my photos could do these last four justice - I remember the colours as lighter and brighter.
A super day and a big thank you to Denise Pearcey of South West Quilters for organising the coach.

Happy Days - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment