Flowerpatch Quilters played a small part in the proceedings by making an "artwork" of quilts which hung in the library for the run up to the Festival, and then in St Mary's church over the weekend.
We chose the poem "I am the Song" with nine members each choosing a line to interpret in their own individual style.
From left to right we have the poem printed on fabric, and then:
- .. the song that sings the bird
- .. the leaf that grows the land
- .. the tide that moves the moon
- .. the stream that halts the sand
- .. the cloud that drives the storm
- .. the earth that lights the sun
- .. the fire that strikes the stone
- .. the clay that shapes the hand
- .. the word that speaks the man
How amazingly diverse they are and yet they still look brilliant together.
Whatever will be next!!???