Sunday 3 April 2016

Quilt Festival in Exeter - Nautical Inspirations

Some friends and I had a super day at the Spring Quilt Festival held at Westpoint in Exeter. The exhibits were brilliant again this year - ever better and better, and it was lovely to see a lot of hand quilting.

There are lots of quilts that I'd like to show you - I took so many pics, but in this post I'll just show my six favourite entries in the Journal Challenge which was "Nautical Inspirations". Each little quilt is the size of an A4 sheet of paper and each entry has to have two quilts.

Longstone and Souter Lighthouses by Brenda Cupryna

Looking Out and Back by Brenda Thomas

From the Stars to Satellites by Dawn Fenn

Pea Green Boat and Blue Riband by Delyth Mattingly

Stern and Bow by Pat Train

Around the Seashore - Stephanie Aplin

Devon Quilters belonging to SWQ and some of that hand quilting next time. - Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment